Latest CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus Download pdf Now
The Aspirants those who studied for the CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus can download the Syllabus from this sarkariResultinfo.net Page. Click on the following given link for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus pdf to download easily the Syllabus. However, referring to the CBSE Class 10 English Exam Syllabus is important for the Aspirants. So, click below to get the complete list of topics for CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus pdf here.
Exam Pattern or Section Wise Weightage or Marks for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus
If you are looking for Exam pattern for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus, then you have come to the right place, here you will find Exam pattern for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus in full detail.
|Section||Section name||Competencies||Marks by Section Wise||% Weightage|
|Section A:||Reading Skills||Conceptual understanding, decoding,|
analyzing, inferring, interpreting and
|Section B:||Writing Skills with Grammar||Creative expression of an opinion,|
reasoning, justifying, illustrating,
appropriacy of style and tone, using
appropriate format and fluency. Applying
conventions, using integrat
|Section C:||Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Text||Recalling, reasoning, appreciating,|
applying literary conventions illustrating
and justifying etc. Extract relevant
information, identifying the central theme
and sub-theme, understanding the
writers’ message and writing fluently
Note: The annual board examination will be of 80 marks, with a duration of three hours. There will be internal assessment of 20 Marks.
SECTION A: READING (50 Periods) of 20 Marks
This section will have two unseen passages of a total length of 700-750. The arrangement within the reading section is as follows:
- A factual passage of 300-350 words with eight Objective Type Questions (including
Multiple Choice Questions). 8 marks
- A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions to test
inference, evaluation and analysis and four Objective Type Questions ( including Multiple
Choice Questions) to test vocabulary. 12 marks
SECTION B: WRITING AND GRAMMAR (60 Periods) of 30 Marks
- For writing tasks, there will be internal choice.
- Formal letter based on a given situation in about 150-200 words. 10marks
- Writing an analytical paragraph on the basis of the given map/ chart/ report/ line graph
etc.in about 150-200 words. 10marks
Must Read:- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
The grammar course will cover the following topics in Class X:
Below you can get all the list of topics which is asked in CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus.
- Use of passive voice
- Subject – verb concord
- Reported speech
(i) Commands and requests
(i) Noun clauses
(ii) Adverb clauses
(iii) Relative clauses
The above items may be tested through test types given below:
- Cloze passage/ Gap Filling /Editing. 4marks
- Dialogue writing/Reporting a dialogue on a given cue. 6marks.
SECTION C: LITERATURE TEXTBOOK AND SUPPLEMENTARY READING TEXT 60 Periods
Internal choice will be there of 30 Marks for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus
- One out of two extracts from prose/poetry/drama for reference to context. Two Short Answer Type Questions on interpretation. 2×2=4marks
- Five Short Answer Type Questions out of seven to be answered in 30-40 words each from FIRST FLIGHT and FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET (three from FIRST FLIGHT and two from FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET). 2×5=10 marks
- One out of two Long Answer Type Questions from the book ‘FIRST FLIGHT’ to be answered in about 100-150 words each to assess creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts. This can be a passage based question taken from a situation/plot from the texts of 8 marks
- One out of two Long Answer Type Question from the book ‘FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET’ on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapolation beyond the text and inference or character sketch to be answered in about 100-150 words of 8 marks
- Prescribed Books: Published by NCERT, New Delhi
• FIRST FLIGHT – Text for Class X
• FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET – Supplementary Reader for Class X
• WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS – II (WORKBOOK FOR CLASS X)
- Note: Teachers are advised to:
(i) encourage classroom interaction among peers, students and teachers through activities
such as role play, group work etc.
(ii) reduce teacher-talking time and keep it to the minimum,
(iii) take up questions for discussion to encourage pupils to participate and to marshal their
ideas and express and defend their views, and
(iv) follow the Speaking and Listening activities given in the NCERT books.
Besides measuring learning outcome, texts serve the dual purpose of diagnosing mistakes
and areas of non-learning. To make evaluation a true index of learners’ knowledge, each
language skill is to be assessed through a judicious mixture of different types of questions.
- Reading Section: Reading for comprehension, critical evaluation, inference and analysis are to be tested.
- Writing Section: All types of short and extended writing tasks will be dealt with.
- Grammar: Grammar items mentioned in the syllabus will be taught and assessed over
a period of time. There will be no division of syllabus for Grammar.
Deleted Topics – CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus
- Use of Passive Voice
- Clauses: Noun, Adverb Clauses of condition and time, Relative
- FIRST FLIGHT – Text for CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus
Literature – FIRST FLIGHT
- How to Tell Wild Animals
- Mijbil the Otter
- For Anne Gregory
FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
- The Midnight Visitor
- A Question of Trust
- The Book That Saved The Earth
- Listening and Speaking Competencies 50 Periods
- Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills will be for 05 marks.
- It is recommended that listening and speaking skills should be regularly practised in the class.
- Art-integrated activities like Role Play, Skit, Dramatization etc. can also be used.
May you like this:- Practice Essay Writing for School
Guidelines for Assessment in Listening and Speaking Skills
- Activities for listening and speaking available at www.cbseacademic.in can be used for developing listening and speaking skills of students
- Subject teachers should also refer to books prescribed in the syllabus.
- In addition to the above, teachers may plan their own activities and create their own material for assessing the listening and speaking skills.
- Parameters for Assessment: The listening and speaking skills are to be assessed on the following parameters:
- Interactive competence (Initiation turn taking, relevance to the topic).
- Fluency (cohesion, coherence and speed of delivery).
- Language (accuracy and vocabulary).
- The practice of listening and speaking skills should be done throughout the academic year.
- The final assessment of the skills is to be done as per the convenience and schedule of the school.
- Record keeping:
- The record of the activities done and the marks given must be kept for three months after the declaration of result, for any random checking by the Board.
- No recording of speaking skills is to be sent to the Board.
May you like this:- CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus
If you like this article on CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus then share it wit your friends and family members.