Education: BE/B.tech, ME/M.tech
Role and responsibilities
As a Cloud Engineer, you are responsible for architecting, developing, scaling, and maintaining our cloud software infrastructure, covering a wide range of technologies, with a specific focus on high availability, scalability, and security of our customer data. The role is for highly technical software engineers who combine outstanding oral and written communication skills, deep expertise in large-scale and data-intensive cloud-based systems, and, most importantly, an ability to autonomously plan and organize their work assignments based on high-level team goals.
The technology stack includes Python, Java, and Scala as well as a wide range of internal tools built on top of Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, InfluxDB and a variety of front-end visualization technologies (D3.js, WebGL, HTML5).
- Degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of industrial experience building and developing large-scale and data-intensive systems
- Experience in architecting, building, maintaining and troubleshooting private and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud Engine, Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, HDFS, Kafka, Cassandra) and micro-service architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a must
- Experience with automation and configuration management software (e.g., Ansible) is a plus
- Excellent coding and scripting skills (e.g., Java/Scala, Python, Bash)
Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cisco.com.