At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: to build. to design. to code. to consult. To think and sell with customers. To create a market. To invent To support Not only to do something better, but to try things that you have never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India
The objective of IBM is that our customers are essential to the world and to each other and we are confident that as IBM we will fulfill this objective. When you join IBM you are involved in a culture of openness, teamwork, trust and voice invitations and expectations. Join us and do your best work.
We recognize the gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the National Catalist Award for Business in 2018, the Catalyst Award for Business, the ‘Best Employee of People with Disabilities’ and the Top 5 Top Companies. One of the names is being given. 2018. We all advocate fairness and equality as women – and are always welcome at IBM – for the creation of an inclusive workplace by women technologists.
Indulge in the history of re-inventing with a brand, transforming itself in its 100-plus years. In the last five decades, IBM has entered the era of mainframes, personal computers, IT services, and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again the leader in the restructuring of the technology industry.
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps customers implement and implement an efficient, flexible, flexible IT infrastructure. Consider outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services – the IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Join our team of IBM experts, vision, eminent engineers and IT architects, who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to the cloud, implement automation, and ensure business continuity. We help customers run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with power automation.
One day in the role…
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and motivated every single day. And if you miss the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there is no limit to what you can do here.
- The purpose of this role is to provide technical support in order to ensure a high degree of Customer Happiness
- You will Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
How we’ll help you grow:
- Prioritize major incidents based on business impact to the client.
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Set up a medium to large extent office, support data center services, remote servers, and set up remote site by configuring needed infrastructure and TCP/IP networks with security.
- Security Deployment & Assessment by configuring System policies, Routers, Firewall, proxy & Network Policies and Antivirus Solutions.
Managing Vendor and Customer Relationship
- Windows OS/Linux, Cisco systems & security, and TCP/IP networking concepts apply.
- Configuration and maintenance of server and network hardware and peripherals.
- Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
Enforce ‘drop dead’ time to prevent outage outside of change window.
Proven working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required.
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of Networking support related incidents.
- Participate in daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Provide assistance with identifying problem management trends.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience in Network administration environment.
- Evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions.
- Guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance.
- Proven knowledge in Cloud, Virtualization & Network Security.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience on root cause analysis and define corrective measures.
- Sound knowledge of Virtualization environment.
- Should have experience of migration of servers.
- Should possess good automation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working experience in high availability environment
- Alignment to process (ITIL).
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.