Commvault is a worldwide leader in providing backup and recovery for progressive enterprises. Managing in a consistent, consistent way, Commvault enables you to protect, manage and use your data. Our automated solutions work periodically and in the cloud, and work with digital tools and processes that you are already using. Keep your data accessible and functional with a single solution that ensures that your data is always available – whatever it is.
Currently, Commallult Enterprises, Metallic, currently a Sr. SRE is looking for an engineer to join our Metallic team in Commvault. Metal is an in-line “start-up” division, building the next generation of businesses. Successful candidates will have experience supporting high-performance IT projects by delivering strong SRE practices and solutions. The Metallic team is a fast-paced, agile, startup-minded organization; So if you are ready to enhance your career as part of a new and innovative line of business, then this opportunity is for you!
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Developers and System Engineers to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
- Continuously improve and increase the capabilities, scalability of our SaaS platform.
- Generate proper designs, diagrams and documentation and present to stakeholders.
- Using Agile methods [Scrum/Kanban] to organize project deliverables, to track and report progress.
- Support operations, meeting reliability and capacity requirements.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties and work across different time zone with a multi-national team.
- Responsible for timely root cause analysis [RCA] of production issues.
- Develop tooling, policies, processes to drive and improve customer experience, engineering productivity.
- Implement & enforce compliance, SOC2, ISO guidelines, security frameworks and practices.
- Participate as a stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, stand-ups.
- Handle Escalations, Scrum master, Change, Problem, Incident Management.
- Oversee Cloud Networking & Cloud Security layers.
- Oversee Cloud Governance, cost control, ITIL standards.
What you need to be ready:
- ·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- ·Must be certified in AWS or Azure cloud platform.
- ·Nice to have Network/Security certifications
- ·Overall 8+ years of IT experience.
- ·5+ years of critical production cloud administration experience.
- Strong experience and proven knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Knowledge of AWS and GCP would be considered as an added advantage.
- Strong experience in Industry leading Observability solutions and technologies.
- Strong experience with containers, EKS, AKS, K8S platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Configuration Management, Deployment tools and IAAC practices.
- Strong experience in automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers
- Expert in tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt, is a plus.
- Strong experience with networking concepts, protocols, Enterprise Firewall & Load balancer, VPN, Traffic Engineering.
- Strong experience in Cloud Security solutions. technologies, security frameworks.
- Strong experience with Linux and open source software/technologies.
- Good understanding of Virtualization, Backup, BCP/DR technologies.
- Must have worked with product-based companies and experience in Supporting Engineering Org for Tactical & Strategic operations/tasks
- Automation experience by using Bash or Python scripting.
- Exposure to ITIL framework, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participate in On-call support and Willingness to support during week ends.
·Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. And we shall not discriminate on the basis of such characteristics or any other condition protected by laws or regulations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit careers.commvault.com.