Your Role and Responsibilities
In the IBM Multi-Cloud Management Platform, we have a simple goal: to enable enterprises to manage in a world that disseminates legacy solutions on the latest NoOps based development approaches. Our platform enables our customers to acquire, operate, and manage their application lifecycle across multiple cloud and container platforms. Our engineering team works with many cloud and container technologies, including Helm, Cloudform, Cloudform, Deployment Manager, Resource Manager, Prometheus, ServiceNow, VRA, Terraform, and others. Our squads are constantly focusing on new solutions and are looking for better tools, technologies, and technologies to deliver their solutions faster with higher levels and reliability. We are a pure microservices-based team and our current technologies are based on GoLang, Angular, RxJS, and MongoDB.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for creating new microservices to expand our capabilities to meet the changing landscape of cloud technologies that our customers use in all major clouds as well as on-premises. The team is diverse and distributed worldwide, and collaborates on a daily basis on Github, WebEx, and Slack.
- Mentor and direct others in their technology evaluations, designs, and implementations
- Assist internal customer organizations in solving complex customer issues
- Collaborate with Product Management to analyze business and customer needs, to help steer roadmaps and the lifecycle of products and services
- Design and document features and stories in support of requirements and stay up-to-date on relevant technical developments and industry standards and standard methodologies
- Work with and communicate successfully, all concepts and guidelines to the development team while ensuring the software meets all requirements of quality, security, scalability, extensibility, etc
- Analyze and improve stability, scalability, and the performance
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of technical leadership experience in software development with deep insight and understanding into “Cloud” Experience with large scale distributed systems
- 4-6+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)
- Proven experience with Multi-Tenant Highly Available SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting skills with experience working in mission-critical large production customer environments, along with expertise in deployments.
- Working knowledge of the web and cloud-based applications (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc) and associated protocols, from the browser to back-end internals.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with executives, along with day-to-day users of the software
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- An ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work
- An intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.