The Responsibilities for Software Development Manager
- You will lead the overall development life cycle of software solutions and manage complex projects with significant impact.
- Coordinate with your senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach to product development.
- Ensure that your team meets design requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Priorities, project planning and facilities, managing partners and tracking external commitments.
- Monitor operations of production services to ensure operational excellence.
- Promote your direct report career development.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer –
- Minorities / Women / Disability / Veterans / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Basic qualifications for Software Development Manager
- 7+ years of related engineering experience
- 3 + years management experience, management of engineers
- Experience of partnering with product and program management teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years minimum of software development, and an equal amount in software management experience.
- Experience managing and developing direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
Predefined quality for Software Development Manager
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile software development methods (Scrum / Kanban)
- Knowledge of software development best practices
- Operating Critical System Experience
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.