Job Description – Software Engineer – Internal Applications
At Cisco, we have an excellent opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we create!
We are the innovator
We drive innovation to promote business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are accelerator
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise development and success.
We are transformers
As Customer Zero, we transform the customer experience by becoming the first self customer with agility, quality, and safety, we deliver consistent business results for our customers.
What would you do
- Apply engineering, mathematics, and computer science principles and techniques to the design, development, and testing of commercial software applications. Can work as a member of a scrum team throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Designs develop, and improves software applications/platforms. The multi-face role that can provide an opportunity to work in any part of the development stack in different software languages.
- Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms including applications, operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related devices. Scale systems through mechanisms such as automation, and develop systems to improve reliability, supportability, and velocity.
- Use the latest technology and handle information on a large scale using high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency service.
- Evaluate and leverage new technologies in product architecture
- Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with the senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with the community of global technologists.
Software Engineer – Internal Applications
- Problem-solving ability/ability
- Passion about technology and building software applications, with object-oriented design, test-driven development, and continuous integration/delivery
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work cross-functionally solving a complex problem
- Proficient in the cloud, cloud connectors, and container technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudRun, Knative, Kubernetes, and APIs.
- Proficiency in CI / CD equipment, security mindset, and orchestration/config mgmt / IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Familiarity with commercial / ERP applications such as Salesforce, Oracle, and SAP and integration with other internal applications.
Understanding of distributed systems and microservices
- Solid programming background in object-oriented development and design patterns
- Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming, and load balancing
Who are you
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science or Informatics
- CGPA of 8.0 (out of 10) and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cisco.com.