Customer Service & Support Engineer Jobs in Microsoft
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are seen?
- If you like talking and learning with customers and are excited about working with a brilliant technical mind, then we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can empower, support, and advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and share knowledge with each other, and we innovate on solutions so that our customers get the most out of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for talented people with a passion to solve complex issues and a passion for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around the characteristics that govern our every decision and every action we take:
- Customer Passion – We exist because of and for the customer. We need people who share and drive that passion to make their customers easy, practical, and reliable.
- Growth Mindset – We value all perspectives and reward individuals they strike at the edges of being true. We are looking for people who think differently and are biased towards action to accomplish great things.
- Diversified and inclusive – We enable those who bring a contemporary approach to shape our internal teams and encourage everyone to join.
- A Microsoft – We collaborate and value the work of others, connecting their education with our own to create better results for our customers.
- Making a difference – We make an impact on our day-to-day responsibilities and in the search for ways to continually improve our work and relationships among others.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as advanced technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email, or web. They provide unique value by collaboratively and responsibly solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and broadly creating self-help assets to reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing excellent technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will manage and manage the customer experience over the phone and the web. When necessary, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter, engineering (product groups), or management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either by involving yourself or your colleagues) and being an excellent communicator and service-oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become subject matter experts in one or more fields and receive guidance and advice from your colleagues.
The responsibilities for Support Engineer Jobs in Microsoft
- Investigate the problem and solve the customer’s problem by gathering relevant facts and engaging your own research and other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues worldwide to resolve service issues.
- Clients work internally as advocates.
- Empower customers to learn and self-learn when they make decisions about Microsoft products, services, and support.
- Advise customers about getting extra value from their Microsoft products.
- To help their colleagues document their technical work and research, improve product and support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
Qualification Required for Support Engineer Jobs in Microsoft
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with built-in technologies
- Routing and switching protocols,
- TCP /, DNS, QoS, SIP
- VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory
Knowledge of Office 365 technologies – specifically, Skype for Business and Microsoft teams
Desirable experience in one or more of these areas
- Experience in offering Office 365 authentication and voice
- Expert knowledge of sound protocols such as SIP, as well as Azure AD Connect
- Previous experience supports deployment, administration and/or unified communications solutions
Ability to analyze and interpret data capture and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments for authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP, unified communications.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues on Skype for Business Online, Microsoft teams, set up a hybrid environment with Skype for Lync Server 2013, Business Server 2017-2019.
Experience working with network capture/analysis tools
Benefits and Perks for Support Engineer Jobs in Microsoft
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Related Job: Front End Engineer Job in Amazon
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.