UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020 & UPSC CDS exam pattern
The Aspirants those who applied for the UPSC CDS Job vacancies can download the Syllabus from this sarkariResultinfo.net Page. Click on the following given link for the UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020 to download easily the Syllabus. However, referring to the UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020 is important for the Aspirants. So, click below to get the complete list of topics for UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020 here.
Organization Details of UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Defense Service II|
|Number of Vacancies||Various|
|UPSC CDS II Exam Date 2020||Updated Soon|
1. Written Exam
Exam Pattern for Admission to Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and the time duration two hrs and maximum marks are 100 for every subject.
Exam Pattern for For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
applicants who are appearing for academy , Air force Academy, Indian academy has written test public knowledge , comprising English, and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising English and public knowledge .
Applicants who are declared successful within the written exam are going to be detailed for intelligence and test at the Service Selection Board supported their preference, by the respective service HQ.
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews are going to be equal for every course. i.e the utmost marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews are going to be 300, 300, 300, and 200 each for admission to the Indian academy, Indian academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy respectively.
The papers altogether the themes will contain objective type questions only. The question papers of public knowledge and Elementary Mathematics are going to be set bilingually in Hindi also as English.
In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the system of weights and measures of Weighs and Measures only are going to be set.
2. Intelligence & Personality Test
The applicants who are selected within the written test are involved in interview. The SSB procedure consists of 2 stage selection process that is Stage 1 and Stage 2. Only those applicants who clear the stage 1 are permitted to seat in Stage 2.
- Stage-I:- Stage one comprises of Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT) in this exam. The applicants are going to be shortlisted supported the mixture of performance within the OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage-II:- Stage II comprises Interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests, and therefore the conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The personality of the applicants is assessed by three different assessors’ viz. the interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO), and therefore the Psychologist. There are not any separate weightage for every test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically altogether the tests.
UPSC CDS syllabus pdf
PAPER – 1: ENGLISH:
The question paper will be designed to test workmanlike use of words and applicant’s understanding of English.
- Spotting Errors
- Para Completion
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Passage Completion
- Spelling Test
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Arrangement
- Active and Passive Voice
- Fill in the blanks
PAPER – 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
General Knowledge(G.K) including knowledge of current affairs and of such matters of everyday observation and knowledge in their scientific aspects as could also be expected of an informed one that has not made a special study of any scientific subject only you get this by news. The Paper also will include questions on the Geography of nature and History of India which applicants should be ready to answer without special study.
- Indian Economy
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Current Affairs – National and International
- Important Days
- Indian History
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Capitals of India
- International and National Organizations
- Science and Technology
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Indian National Movement
- General Policy
- Countries and Capitals
PAPER – 3: ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS:
- Arithmetic: Number System-Natural numbers, Rational and Real numbers, Integers. Fundamental Operations addition, subtraction, Decimal fractions, multiplication, Square roots, division. Unitary method, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, time and distance, time and work, percentages, ratio and proportion, variation. Prime and composite numbers, Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11, Elementary Number Theory– Division algorithm. Multiples and factors. Factorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tablesEuclidean algorithm.
- ALGEBRA: Basic Operations, Remainder Theorem, simple factors, H.C.F., L.C.M, Theory of polynomials, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered), Solutions of quadratic equations, Simultaneous linear inequations in 2 variables, Simultaneous linear equations in 2 unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions, and their solutions. Practical problems leading to inequations in two Variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions or two simultaneous linear equations. Set language and set notation, Laws of indices Rational expressions, and conditional identities.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Tangent x when 0 ≤x ≤90 Values of sin x, Sine x, cos x, and tan x, cosine x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90, Use of trigonometric tables, Simple trigonometric identities, Simple cases of heights and distances.
- GEOMETRY: Plane and plane figures, Theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Lines and Angles, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, rectangle, and square Circles and its properties including tangents and normal, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides, and diagonals of a parallelogram, Loci.
- MENSURATION: Areas of squares, triangle, rectangles, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, parallelograms, and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, surface area and volume of spheres.
- STATISTICS: Graphical representation, frequency Polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, Collection and tabulation of statistical data, etc. Measures of central tendency.
[ Click here for UPSC CDS syllabus pdf 2020 & UPSC CDS exam pattern pdf download ]