UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf & Exam Pattern
The Aspirants those who applied for the UPSC ESE Job vacancies can download the Syllabus from this sarkariResultinfo.net Page. Click on the following given link for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf to download easily the Syllabus. However, referring to the UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf is important for the Aspirants. So, click below to get the complete list of topics for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf here.
Organization Detail for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf
|Name of the Board||Union Public Services Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Engineering Services Examination 2020|
|Post Name||Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication|
|Prelims Exam Date||Updated Soon|
|UPSC ESE Mains 2020 Date||Updated Soon|
About UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf Download
Check here the UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf and examination pattern. You can take a look at the complete exam pattern, selection manner, and syllabus in a single post. Here is the complete detail about UPSC ESE Syllabus & Syllabus 2020.
UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2020
The examination shall be conducted in keeping with the subsequent plan:
Prelims Exam Pattern for UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2020
|I||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||2 Hrs||200|
|II||Related Engineering Streams Questions||3 Hrs||300|
Mains Exam Pattern for UPSC ESE Exam Pattern 2020
|I||Related Engineering Streams Questions||3 Hrs||300|
|II||Related Engineering Streams Questions||3 Hrs||300|
- Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination (Objective kind Papers) for the choice of candidates for the Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination
- Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination (Conventional kind Papers) and
- Stage-III: test
- Stage-I: The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination can encompass 2 objective sorts (multiple choices) queries papers and carrying a most of five hundred marks (Paper one-two hundred Marks & Paper-II – three hundred Marks). Only those candidates World Health Organization area unit declared by the Commission to possess qualified within the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination within the year are eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination of that year provided they’re otherwise eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination. The Marks obtained in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination by the candidate’s World Health Organization area unit declared qualified for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination are counted for determinant their final order of benefit. The range of candidates to be admitted to the Main/Stage-II Examination are concerning six to seven times the full Associate in Nursing approximate number of vacancies to be stuffed within the year through this examination.
- Stage – II: The Engineering Services (Main/stage-II) Examination can encompass 2 typical kind papers in Engineering Discipline specific with a length of 3 hours and most marks of 600 (300 Marks in every paper).
- Stage-III can encompass test carrying two hundred Marks.
UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf
Civil Engineering for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf
Contents for syllabus of both the Papers together for Preliminary Examination/Stage-I (objective type Paper-II) and separately for Main/Stage-II Examination (Conventional type Paper-I and Paper-II).
Paper – 1
- Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminum, Bricks, and Aggregates: Classification, selection criteria, and properties. Cement: Types, Properties, Uses, Composition, Specifications, and various Tests, Lime & Cement Mortars and Concrete: Properties and various Tests; Design of Concrete Mixes: Proportioning of aggregates and methods of mix design.
- Solid Mechanics: Elastic constants, Mohr’s circle of stress and strain, Elastic theories of failure, Principal Stresses, Bending, Stress, plane stress, Strains, plane strain, Shear, and Torsion.
- Structural Analysis: Types of stresses and strains, Basics of the strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, the concept of bending and shear stresses; Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structures, Trusses, Rolling loads, Influence Lines, beams, plane frames, Unit load method & other methods; Concepts and use of Computer-Aided Design, Free and Forced vibrations of single degree and multi-degree freedom system; Suspended Cables.
- Design of Steel Structures: Principles of Working Stress methods, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam-column connections, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry structures: Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression, and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases; Principles of pre-stressed concrete design including materials and methods; Earthquake resistant design of structures; Design of Masonry Structure.
- Construction Practice, Planning, and Management: Construction – Equipment, Planning, Site investigation, and Management including Estimation with latest project management tools and network analysis for different types of works, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost, Analysis of Rates of various types of works, Land acquisition; Labour safety and welfare.
PAPER – II
Hydraulic Machines, The flow of Fluids, and Hydro Power:
- Open Channel Flow, Fluid Mechanics, Pipe Flow: Fluid properties, Dimensional Analysis and Modeling, Fluid dynamics including flow kinematics and measurements, Flow net; Viscosity, Boundary layer, and control, Drag, Lift, Principles in open channel flow, Flow controls. Hydraulic jump; Surges, Pipe networks.
- Hydraulic Machines and Hydropower: Various pumps, Air vessels, Hydraulic turbines – types, classifications & performance parameters; Powerhouse – classification and layout, storage, pondage, control of supply.
Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering:
Hydrological cycle, Ground water hydrology, Well hydrology and related data analysis; Streams and their gauging; River morphology; Flood, drought and their management; Capacity of Reservoirs. Water Resources Engineering: Multipurpose uses of Water, River basins and their potential; Irrigation systems, water demand assessment; Resources – storages and their yields; Waterlogging, canal, and drainage design, Gravity dams, barrage Distribution works, falls, weirs, Energy dissipaters, Cross drainage works and head-works and their design, construction & maintenance, River training, Concepts in canal design, measurement, and analysis of rainfall.
- Water Supply Engineering: Sources, Estimation, quality standards and testing of water and their treatment, Rural, Institutional and industrial water supply, Physical, chemical, and Estimation of water demand, Drinking water Standards, biological characteristics and sources of water, Pollutants in water and its effects, Water Treatment Plants, Water distribution networks.
- Waste Water Engineering: Planning & design of domestic wastewater, Sludge management including treatment, disposal, and re-use of treated effluents, sewage collection, and disposal; Plumbing Systems. Components and layout of the sewerage system, Planning & design of Domestic Waste-water disposal system, Industrial waste waters and Effluent Treatment Plants including institutional and industrial sewage management.
- Solid Waste Management: Sources & classification of solid wastes along with planning & design of its management system, Beneficial aspects of wastes and Utilization by Civil Engineers, Disposal system.
- Air, Noise pollution and Ecology: Concepts & general methodology.
Geotechnical Engineering and Foundation Engineering :
- Geo-technical Engineering: Soil exploration – planning & methods, Properties of soil, classification, various tests, consolidation and Shearing resistance, Earth pressure theories and stress distribution in soil, Properties and uses of geosynthetics and inter-relationships, Permeability & Seepage, Compressibility.
- Foundation Engineering: Design and testing of shallow & deep foundations; Slope stability analysis, Types of foundations & selection criteria, bearing capacity, settlement analysis, Earthen embankments, Dams, and Earth retaining structures: types, analysis, and design, Principles of ground modifications.
Surveying and Geology:
- Surveying: Classification of surveys, various methodologies, instruments & analysis of measurement of distances, Survey Layout for culverts, canals, bridges, road/railway alignment, and buildings, elevation, and directions; Field astronomy, Global Positioning System; Map preparation; Photogrammetry; Remote sensing concepts; Setting out of Curves.
- Geology: Basic knowledge of Engineering geology & its application in projects.
- Highways – Planning & construction methodology, Alignment and geometric design, Principles of Flexible and Rigid pavements design, Traffic Surveys and Controls.
- Tunneling – Alignment, methods of construction, disposal of muck, drainage, lighting and ventilation.
- Railways Systems – Terminology, Planning, track modernization, designs and maintenance practices
- Harbors – Terminology, layouts, and planning.
- Airports – Layout, planning & design.
Mechanical Engineering for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf
Contents for syllabi of both the Papers together for Preliminary Examination/ Stage-I (objective type Paper-II) and separately for Main/ Stage-II Examination (Conventional type Paper-I and Paper-II).
PAPER – I
- IC Engines, Refrigeration, and Air conditioning: SI and CI Engines, Engine Systems and Components, Fuels, Emissions and Performance characteristics and testing of IC Engines. Emission Control. Vapor compression refrigeration, Vapour jet, thermoelectric, and Vortex tube refrigeration. Psychometric properties and processes, Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators and Expansion devices, Comfort chart, Refrigerants and Working cycles, Other types of refrigeration systems like Vapour Absorption, Comfort and industrial air conditioning, Load calculations, and Heat pumps.
- Turbo Machinery: Reciprocating and Rotary pumps, Pelton wheel, Theory of Jet Propulsion – Pulse jet and Ram Jet Engines, Kaplan and Francis Turbines, velocity diagrams, Steam and Gas Turbines, Impulse and Reaction principles, Reciprocating and Rotary Compressors – Theory and Applications.
- Power Plant Engineering: Flue gas analysis, Boilers, Rankine and Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat, steam turbines and other power plant components like condensers, types, and applications, Fuels and their properties, cooling towers – their theory and design, air ejectors, electrostatic precipitators.
- Renewable Sources of Energy: Solar Radiation, Solar Thermal Energy Storage, Applications – heating, Bio-mass, cooling and Power Generation, Solar Photovoltaic Conversion, Harnessing of Wind Energy, and Tidal Energy – Methods and Applications, Solar Thermal Energy collection – Flat Plate and focusing collectors their materials and performance, Working principles of Fuel Cells.
PAPER – II
- Engineering Mechanics: Analysis of System of Forces, Friction, Theory of Bending Stresses- Slope and deflection-Torsion, Centroid and Centre of Gravity, Dynamics; Stresses and Strains-Compound Stresses and Strains, Bending Moment and Shear Force Diagrams, Thin and thick Cylinders, Spheres.
- Engineering Materials: Basic Crystallography, Nonmetallic materials, Basics of Nano-materials, Mechanical Properties and Testing, Alloys and Phase diagrams, Heat Treatment, Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals, Corrosion prevention and control
- Mechanisms and Machines: Types of Kinematics Pair, oscillating followers, Vibrations –Free and forced vibration of undamped and damped SDOF systems, Transmissibility Ratio, Vibration Isolation, Mobility, Inversions, Kinematic Analysis, Velocity and Acceleration Analysis of Planar Mechanisms, CAMs with uniform acceleration and retardation, cycloidal motion, Critical Speed of Shafts. Gears – Geometry of tooth profiles, Law of gearing, Involute profile, Interference, Helical, Spiral and Worm Gears, Gear Trains- Simple, compound and Epicyclic; Dynamic Analysis – Slider – crank mechanisms, turning moment computations, balancing of Revolving & Reciprocating masses, Gyroscopes –Effect of Gyroscopic couple on automobiles, ships, and aircraft, Governors.
- Design of Machine Elements: Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as riveted, Spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, Brakes, and clutches, welded and bolted joints. Shafts, flywheels.
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Maintenance Engineering: Metal casting-Metal forming, Metal Joining, Machining, and machine tool operations, Limits, fits and tolerances, Metrology and inspection, computer Integrated manufacturing, Failure analysis, Machine Vibration, Data acquisition, Fault Detection, Vibration Monitoring, Field Balancing of Rotors, Noise Monitoring, FMS, Production planning and Control, Inventory control, and operations research – CPM-PERT. Failure concepts and characteristics-Reliability, Wear and Debris Analysis, Signature Analysis, NDT Techniques in Condition Monitoring.
- Mechatronics and Robotics: Microprocessors and Microcontrollers: Architecture, programming, I/O, Computer interfacing, Programmable logic controller. Sensors and actuators, Piezoelectric accelerometer, Robot Specification, notation; Direct and Inverse Kinematics, Hall effect sensor, Optical Encoder, Resolver, Inductosyn, Pneumatic and Hydraulic actuators, stepper motor, Control Systems- Mathematical modeling of Physical systems, control signals, controllability, and observability. Robotics, Robot Classification, Homogeneous Coordinates and Arm Equation of four Axis SCARA Robot.
Electrical Engineering and Telecommunication UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf
Contents for syllabus of both the Papers together for Preliminary/Stage-I Examination (objective type Paper–II) and separately for Main/Stage-II Examination (Conventional type Paper-I and Paper – II).
PAPER – I
- Basic Electronics Engineering, Analog and Digital Circuits, Network Theory, Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation, Basic Electrical Engineering, Materials Science
PAPER – II
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems, Advanced Electronics Topics, Advanced Communication Topics, Control Systems, Computer Organization, and Architecture, Electro Magnetics
IES UPSC Electrical Engineering Syllabus
PAPER – I
- Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, and Fields, Electrical Materials, Computer Fundamentals, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Basic Electronics Engineering
PAPER – II
- Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits, Control Systems, Systems, and Signal Processing, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives
[ Click here for UPSC ESE syllabus 2020 pdf & Exam Pattern pdf download ]
- BPSC Combined Prelims Competitive Online Form Vacancy 2020Vacancy Name: BPSC Combined Prelims Competitive Online Form Vacancy 2020 Date of this Post: 16-09-2020 Latest Update: 20-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 733 Short Information About this Post: Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) […]
- Himachal Pradesh BOSE HP TET Online Form VacancyVacancy Name: Himachal Pradesh BOSE HP TET Online Form Vacancy Date of this Post: 20-10-2020 Short Information About this Post: HP Board of School Education has announced notification for the recruitment of HP Teachers Eligibility Test (TGT (Arts/ […]
- Aandhra Pradesh Grama/Ward Volunteer Form VacancyVacancy Name: Aandhra Pradesh Grama/Ward Volunteer Online Form Vacancy Date of this Post: 28-08-2020 Latest Update: 20-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 5050 Short Information About this Post: Dept of Gram/ Ward Volunteers & Village/ Ward […]
- IBPS CRP Clerk-X Online Form again OpenVacancy Name: IBPS CRP Clerk-X Online Form again Open Date of this Post: 01-09-2020 Latest Update: 20-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 2557 Short Information About this Post: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has given an […]
- Aandhra Pradesh Grama/ Ward Volunteer Online Form vacancyVacancy Name: Aandhra Pradesh Grama/ Ward Volunteer Online Form vacancy Date of this Post: 28-08-2020 Latest Update: 19-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 6094 Short Information About this Post: Dept of Gram/ Ward Volunteers & Village/ Ward […]
- CPCL Trade Apprentice Online Form vacancyVacancy Name: CPCL Trade Apprentice Online Form 2020 Date of this Post: 19-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 142 Short Information About this Post: Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) has given a notification for the […]
- Uttarakhand SSSC Assistant Teacher LT Online Form Vacancy 2020Vacancy Name: Uttrakhand SSSC Assistant Teacher LT Online Form Vacancy 2020 Date of this Post: 14-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 1431 Short Information About this Post: Uttarakhand Subordinate Service Selection Commission (UKSSSC) has released a Job […]
- West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Tutor/Demonstrator Online Form VacancyVacancy Name: West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Tutor/Demonstrator Online Form Vacancy 2020 Date of this Post: 16-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 891 Short Information About this Post: West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) has published notification […]
- Indian Army SSC Tech Men and Women Online Form vacancy 2020Date of this Post: 14-10-2020 Total Vacancies: 191 Short Information About this Post: Indian Army has announced notification of 56th SSC (Tech-Men) and 27th SSC (Tech-Women) for the unmarried Male & unmarried Female Engineering Graduates […]
- UPPSC Veterinary Medical Officer, Assistant Professor, Medical Officer VacanciesLatest Update: 14-10-2020 Total All Vacancy For This Job: 610 Short Information About this Post: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has given a notification for the recruitment of Veterinary Medical Officer, Assistant Professor, Medical Officer & Other Vacancies. […]